»Care is the new currency in hybrid working« – Satya Nadella. Not just companies, the whole world requires this new paradigm of leadership, where empathy is innovation and vulnerability is strength. How to achieve this? By
- making room and encourage women to take on leadership and other most responsible roles, not loosing their feminine essence
- teaching and encourage all human beinghs to include »feminine values« into their way of leadership
so that »in the near future there will be no male and female leaders, just leaders« (adapted from Sheryl Sandberg quoation).
We need man and women because ONLY TOGETHER WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS.
Tatjana Kolenc and Klaudija Javornik had the honor and the privilege to speak on this conference about the immense power of mentorship in supporting women to take on the leading position in companies and in the society. Why mentors are so important, what is their contribution, their secret value? They help and ecourage women to
💛increase their self-confidence, to be able to fully use their potentials and present laudly their ideas and building teams to execute them,
💙overcome the imposter syndrom,
💛advocate not only for others but also for themselves, to prevent not being overlooked
💙help women to develop their leadership skills and extand their network,
💛upskill their communication and relational competences, teach them how to inspire, motivate and become more conscious individual,
Mentoring is not important only for women. Success, satisfaction and happiness of all of us depend, besides on ourselves, on people we surround ourselves with. People who believe in us, encourage and support us to reach our goals, to live our dreams. We call them mentors. They
- see more talent and ability within us than we see in ourselves and know how to bring them out of us
- see ahead and guide us towards the goal we have chosen
- empower us to see the future and believe we can achieve it
- remind us that we don’t have to change who we are to have an amazing life. We are already enough
- teach us how to celebrate all the challenges we have overcome and all the little wins and slips
- give as voice, our superpower, to express our expectations, demand clarifications, increase our self-confidence and be able to advocate for ourselves
- help us develop leadership skills and inspire us to become a mentor to pay back what we were given from our mentors
So, build your own network of mentors and be a member of mentors network of those who invite you in. Looking forward being a part of the next AFL conference.